Here is a holiday dish that will please your guests and keep them healthy too!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- Sea salt and pepper
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (organic heavy cream will also work)
- 2 eggs (organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use half the coconut oil to grease a casserole pan and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli until just barely cooked and set aside, uncovered.
- Melt the coconut oil in a sauce pan, brown the onions, and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the mushrooms, sauté until cooked, and remove pan from heat.
- Transfer broccoli, mushroom, onions, and shredded chicken into the casserole pan and distribute evenly.
- Whisk together coconut milk, eggs, bone broth, and nutmeg with a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl and pour it over the contents of the casserole dish. Be sure mixture is spread evenly and all contents are covered.
- Place the casserole in the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes until done in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!